Thursday, September 4, 2008

Faux Bride, No Way!

.this is what led me to this particular post. A few days ago, I received an email from an alleged "bride" that stated that she read the blog regularly and was planning a budget conscious wedding and found a particular company that offered a product and she wanted me to check it out and possibly post about it. It sounded very geniune and real at first but as I went to view the X company, I googled it in and the "bride's" name appeared in the search results with X company....hum...strange! As I continued to look at the search results this same person posted similar comments to wedding bloggers blogs and then I located a wedding vendor site in a very large and sunny east coast state and the site had her listed as the contact person for X company. I emailed the "bride" and asked her if she worked for or owned the business and, of course, she didn't reply back. Here's my point, if you are a bride and you've found a great resource that you'd like to share with other brides, please continue to share. If you are business that is trying to get your name out and see networking with wedding and other professionals will help, please continue to share. I've never had a problem with sharing helpful tidbits and resources along to my readers as long as the business and the contact are legitimate. Honesty is the best way to do business and it certainly guarantees the longevity of your company and its standards. Other vendors will trust you if you are upfront with them. This goes to brides and vendors. Be yourself and sell yourself with integrity. And, that's all that I have to say about that. Toodles, dahlings!

1 comment:

  1. Tish--the same thing happened to me last week. I'm wondering if it's the same gal. Was her name Lisa?

    ReplyDelete

We {heart} comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. If you have a question for us, send us an email.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Add to Technorati Favorites Best Wedding Blogs