Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Emergency Wedding

On last week (Wednesday), I was asked to plan a wedding for the upcoming Saturday. AGHHHH! I've never been asked to do something like this before. The reason that I did accept this daunting task is because the bride is a member of my church and her "wedding planner" wasn't planning (no-mo)!

When I did a quick inventory of what she had so far--I nearly wanted to run away for we couldn't use nearly anything that was previously purchased for the wedding. So, The Planning Diva had to make a $1 out of $.15.

In three days, I pulled almost everything I had in my inventory that I could use to get a wedding completed TPTR style. It was definitely tough but the day was pulled off with the spirit of excellence and looked as if we had months to plan.

Hey---but wait a minute! Because the photographers in our area were booked, there was a volunteer relative that said they could do the pictures as long as they had a camera. So, I extended my little Canon Powershot hoping that the pics would be taken. To my dismay, the "photographer" complained about the camera not working for them and couldn't get shots. I had to scoot my planner/director hat over to the side and then put on my "photographer" hat (which I am definitely not, okay?!) I recreated the moments of the bride walking in to taking pictures of the entire day!

Overall, this was a great gift that I extended to the sweet bride. Everything turned out great and most importantly, she was happy! Do I want to do this again...............NO!

I have to give a special thanks to my day of assistants, Monica and Tomeka who worked very diligently without complaint and helped make this day very special for the bride. Thanks, Team Diva!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We {heart} comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. If you have a question for us, send us an email.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Add to Technorati Favorites Best Wedding Blogs