Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Budget Chic DIY for Hearts Day

I was preparing dinner one night and as I opened up one of the canned veggies the cute little pink lightbulb flashed over my head.   Not about dinner...but the empty can.  So, I had Little Miss tear off the wrapper and then I washed the can and sat it on the counter.  Mr. Officer threw it away.  I tried this about 2-3 times again only to have him throw them away (on different days).  But then, it's probably not that easy living with someone who will create anything out of anything!


I started off with the clean can, tissue paper, glittery 12x12 scrapbook paper, glittery magnet, and some candy.  I used the paper trimmer to cut the scrapbook paper down to size (4.25"x10").  With my handy dandy hot glue gun, I wrapped the can with the paper.  Then, I added (not shown above) a lighter glittery strip of paper to the center (see below).  I secured the magnet with a dollop of hot glue, although the magnet worked fine alone. I then added one sheet of tissue paper and my candy...

Voila!

My very own little cute Valentine's Day treat container thingy.  Under five bucks.  This would be a great budget chic treat for the kiddies, co-workers, or friends.  And, an even better V-Day container for a fresh floral arrangement for your desk at work or to give as a simple gift.

Handmade gifts are sometimes the best to give and receive because of the time and love that goes into it.  What creative ideas do you have for spreading the love for V-Day this year?  Leave a comment and let us know.

Wedding Planner

No comments:

Post a Comment

We {heart} comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. If you have a question for us, send us an email.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Add to Technorati Favorites Best Wedding Blogs